They came too slowly, they went to fast – we can only be talking about the already near distant memory of the summer holidays. However, when that dusty old school bell chimes at 9am on that bleak dreaded Monday morning, it does not just signal the end of fun and games for the little ones, but also for the grown-ups too because the sad reality is that back to school also means back to work. While the children are confined to their school desks, only able to experience the sun by wistfully staring out the window, we too share in this pain as the hard reality of the harsh week-long sentence of 9 -5 life sets back in. However, even if you are one of the fortunate ones who are able to escape the desk and travel a little further afield for work, corporate travel is not always as glamorous as it is made out to be. While we all dream of global jet-setting careers, sometimes returning to that same single soulless hotel room every night is not as exciting as it is made out to be. Therefore, why not treat yourself to a serviced apartment where you can have all the space, convenience and freedom you could need? The best part about it is even if you are treating yourself, this is not reflected in the price as serviced apartments actually pose a more cost-effective option than traditional hotels. Not sold yet? Let us explain how serviced apartments can really ease those back to work, and back to business travel, blues:
- Having stayed in a hotel room for five weeks, I can attest to the frustration that is caused by returning to the same single room with attached bathroom every. single.night. Nowhere could feel more impersonal than a standard hotel room, and nowhere could feel more claustrophobic. However, with serviced apartments you can break far away from those four walls and to a much more welcoming, spacious environment. Composed of a bedroom, bathroom, fully-equipped lounge and kitchen, it is the little details such as the toaster to the decor to the CD player alongside these big ones that make serviced apartments really feel like a home away from home. It is no surprise that some people can stay for as long as a year, and even longer!
- When you stay at a hotel you tend to remember the outright expenses as being the cost of the hotel room; however do you factor in the costs of things such as those rapidly mounting restaurant bills? While your stomach may have enjoyed the indulgence, your wallet may not have. Moreover, there are just times when you really crave a good home cooked meal. This is where serviced apartments really come into their own as with their modern fully-equipped kitchens comprised of a microwave, toaster, oven and kitchen utensils, you have the flexibility and choice to be your own chef. Goodbye takeaways or unfulfilling sandwiches from the local supermarket! Whether you crave the comfort of that traditional British classic of beans on toast, or whether you fancy yourself as the next Masterchef champ, one thing for sure is that our kitchens offer you the most in culinary freedom.
- Nothing can be worse than coming home to an empty house. However, as serviced apartments can hold up to six persons due to their mix of double-bedrooms and/or twin bedrooms, you do not have to feel quite as alone. If you have some colleagues who are also on the move, why not collaborate and share an apartment? Not only can you eradicate the loneliness, but you can also help cut the bill as we charge per apartment, not per room. Likewise, do not worry about being at each other’s throats by the end of the week as with your own bedrooms, you still have plenty of space.
- Sometimes to get the best deal you have to be located far away from the action i.e. in the inconvenient outskirts of town. However, do not worry about that with The Spires because all of our apartments are in city central locations. Think we are exaggerating? Take our Edinburgh apartments, with an envious spot on Hanover Street they are literally just minutes from the bustling action of St. Andrew’s Square and Princes Street. Therefore, when you want to save on that dash to work or when you are just fancying a bit of exploring, you never have to travel far. However, just because you are in the city centre does not mean the buzz and hum of the effervescent city life will keep you awake at night. We pride ourselves on delivering the most comfortable and peaceful night’s sleep and whether you are travelling with others or by yourself, you could not be in safer locations.
- While we do believe that serviced apartments provide that home away from home feel, that does not mean we are leaving you to the arduous tasks associated with running a home including changing the sheets or hoovering the floor. This is because we still offer hotel services including continental breakfasts (available at request and a surcharge) and daily/weekly (location dependent) housekeeping. However, if you do enjoy the freedom of being able to wash your clothes so that they are sweet-smelling and crisp for the next working day, this is also equally possible as we provide all the amenities you could need.
- High-speed, reliable Wi-Fi. Need we say more?